Wednesday, November 25, 2015

distress ink merry christmas

Well I'm back to day with a few spare moments and a card!! Pretty good combo if you ask me (or anyone who's home with young kids I'm sure)


When I started this card all I know is that I wanted to use these 3 colours (cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and twisted citron) All I can say is I fell in love and made more. For this card I used the acetate technique to get the colour on then added some colour splatters. By far my favourite look! I also tried direct paint onto water colour paper and and actual ink blending. They all have their own unique look but I really do just love this one! A little messy with lots of texture.


Before I did any of the water colouring I first heat embossed the merry in white so it would resist the ink! Once i got the card how I wanted it (and it was dry) I added the christmas. Threw on some snowflakes I had on my table and of course some pretty pink posh goodness. After it was all said and done felt like something was missing so I added a small strip of silver paper adhered it to the card front and there you have it!! 

Thanks all for today! Hope you enjoyed! 
Chera~

No comments:

Post a Comment