Friday, January 2, 2015

oh butterfly!

I'm a sucker for all things butterfly!! I discovered this while labelling all my dies the other day!! Heres  a new one I recently got from Stampin Up! (available January 6th).  


My plan for this card was to make it look like stain glass behind the butterfly die! So I pulled out the water colours and went to town. Used some teal, purple, pinks green and a little bit of grey randomly on the paper (I made a total of 6 cards and they are all a little bit different in colour!) I just the grey panel then die cut the butterfly. Once that was done I then white heat embossed the sentiment underneath it. Once my water colour paper was dry I cut out a square and adheared it behind the opening of the butterfly. The first card I did I added a little wink of stella to the butterfly once I had adhered it. So for the rest I decided to shimmer mist them before had to make the process a little faster!! Once all that was done I added the panel to a white card base. 

Hope you enjoyed todays card!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Chera~

Supplies:
Paper: white, basic grey, watercolour paper
Stamps: keep it simple: sympathy
Ink: versa mark ink
Accessories: butterfly thinlit dies, watercolour paint, wink of stella, shimmer mist, white embossing powder

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Very soft yet works to great effect against the grey. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete