Saturday, April 26, 2014

splatter fun

This week I finally had some time to make a couple cards! I watched Papertrey Inks Make it Monday video and was inspired!! I pulled out some colours and went to town!!! My first creation using this technique was this card below...


I grabbed some bright colours…On the make it monday video they used a die cut inlay. A technique I have not yet tried so I put it to good use! Love how it turned out!! So much fun to  make!

Supplies:
Paper: melon mambo, white
Ink: calyso coral, melon mambo, rose red
Stamps: wonderful words birthday mini
Accessories: birthday die, paint brush and water, sponge daubers



Next up I made this card….







This weeks Clean and Simple sketch screamed out to me! Love this layout…a go to for me! I decided to flip in on its side tho, still using the make it monday technique. However with the water droplets on this card I did at random by putting water on the brush and flicking it as opposed to being purposeful to where I was adding the water. This beautiful colour combo comes from this weeks Colour Me…!  challenge, they blended together so nicely (after a few tries of course)..The sentiment was heat embossed in white then I stamped the feather behind the three window boxes which goes along side the CAS-ual Friday challenge. Then I popped up the coloured paper to five some dimension. So many quick details to give it that pretty look!!! 

Supplies:
Paper: white
Ink: bermuda bay, coastal cabana, pacific point, tempting turquoise, versa mark
Stamps: fancy feathers
Accessories: white embossing powder, square punch, paint brush with water

Hope you enjoy and thanks so much for stopping by!
Chera


5 comments:

  1. Wowzer! You rocked the technique--LOVE both your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! Love the inlaid die cut - it looks so crisp against that gorgeous watercolored background. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm so glad you did as it led me here. I love your card-making style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE these cards!! That first card is outstanding - I really love the splatter look. It is uber-cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In.Love.with.that.background! Its just amazing and the composition of your card is fab! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, I love the way u designed ur feather card :) awesomeness !!

    ReplyDelete