Saturday, August 9, 2014

Note of thanks

Todays card is brought to you by a mix of the techniques we've been learning over the past few days with the Stretch your Stamps online card class. I was out of town for a couple days so I wasn't able to play much!! Had fun with this card tho!!


 

I really wanted to use the stamped words in an image. So I decided to to do the that but in a different way. I die cut the feather out, then on a scrap piece of white paper I traced out the feather image so I knew where I would have to stamp over. Once done stamping the sentiment repeatedly I adhered it in behind my die cut feather. For the other 2 feathers I die cut them out and heat embossed them. And for some added detail I went in a coloured them with the very limited amount of distress markers I had. I was going to use colouring markers for it but I wanted a more softer look. So once I was done colouring I misted the paper to have the distress ink do its magic, then added some white twine to tie them together!! I added the Thank you sentiment with the same embossing powder I used for the feathers. Once I had that card front adhered to the white panel I decided to do add the black piece on the back. I took a border stamp and clear embossed the image on it so it was subtle but still there!!

And thats my card for the day!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Chera~

Supplies:
Stamps: wplus9 fanciful feathers, banner basics
Ink: versa mark SSS fog gray, distress markers tattered rose, peacock feather, everygreen bough
Paper: black, pool party, white
Accessories: ranger liquid platinum embossing powder, fanciful feathers dies, white twine

8 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I need to get some of that Liquid Platinum embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous leaves and love the use of the negative.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply brilliant design, Chera! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card--and I love the colors!
    MarjR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant use of this technique. Love how you coloured your feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really beautiful card and the colors are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete