Friday, July 25, 2014

Hello embossing!

Hello everyone!! Hope everyone had a great week and is looking forward to a lovely weekend! I know we are! Nice and hot here!!

Todays card has a couple of inspirations. First off this weeks Clean and Simple sketch that I design for as well as this wonderful video from non only that Jennifer McGuire




This card took  me a few attempts…I was moving colours around to see what worked..then on this last one I decided to grab which ever ink was closest and work my way out! Turned out not to bad I don't think ;) There was really no rhyme or reason to where I stamped or decided to over lay I just went for it!! After all the stamping of the triangles was done I wanted to matt this piece so instead of digging through my stash of paper I decided to use the purple ink I had used in the triangles. So I got out an ink blending tool and inked up the sides of the paper then adhered the top piece. In the clean and simple sketch there is a bow over top of the sentiment..I wasn't really sure that a bow would work with the geometric look I had going on, so I grabbed my white twine and started wrapping a left over piece I had. Then added a small bow…now onto the sentiment. My first attempt at the sentiment it was grey and I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, but once I had glued it onto the card it didn't pop again. And I used some pretty heavy duty adhesive so she wasn't coming off..so I took another die cut hello inked it black then did the same thing with the clear heat embossing and glued it on over. This card is also for the this weeks Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. But when it was all put together I looked it over and thought it needed some more embossing to it! So I took out the single triangle stamp from the set and picked a few random ones to clear emboss over! Its a very subtle detail but I love when it sparkles in the daylight.

I hope you enjoy todays card! Thanks so much for stopping by
Chera~
Supplies:
Stamps: wplus9 just geometrics
Ink: wplus9 appletini, blossomberry, lake house, sweet gelato, sweet nectar, black
Paper: white, smokey slate
Accessories: hand lettered hello die, clear embossing powder, white string

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dimension on your HELLO die cut Chera - so striking.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this card, thanks for the inspiration; I really need to try the wet embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great, colourful card. I love your background and your big hello !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete