Sunday, August 30, 2015

Have a beautiful day (august pin sites challenge)

The last few days Ive had some time to go and create…most cause my kids were out playing in the dirt pile before it disappeared (if you follow me on Instagram you would have seen the pics!) 

I was in need of some inspiration and Ellen Hutson was posting pics from their latest challenge and some fabulous cards out there I tell you! August Pin Sites challenge! So heres my take on it!




When I started this card I pulled out the colours from the challenge…started with the pink, stamped 3 of the bigger flowers (Bold Blooms) then the yellow and the leaves thrown in there to fill in the spots! I knew I wanted to do the vellum overlay but with just the stamped image it wasn't enough (in my minds eye). So I had out my ink blending tools and just added some of the same colour to the just in a lighter way to  each of the flowers and leaves. I then adhered the vellum panel over top with some stick it paper stamped the sentiment and after those 2 pieces were together I trimmed down the panel to 4 wide and the regular 5.5 long. found some fun paper for the side (it came in one of the simon says stamps card kits) added some  Pretty Pink Posh sequins on top the vellum and was completely happy with the final project!

Sorry for the long ramble! Hope you enjoy!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Chera~

1 comment:

  1. Love how you've softened these blooms with the vellum - it allows your sentiment to really stand out!

    ReplyDelete