Friday, May 9, 2014

cutting room floor

This was "on the cutting room floor" if you want to call it that! I had put it together with some scrap paper I had inked on…and I just didn't feel it flowing so I put it aside. Today I picked it up again, looked at it and thought it would make a cute birthday card for my of my boys friends birthday he is attending today! 

I found some old Stampin Up! paper that had a good match to the purple ink on the card and thats when I knew I could finish it! In the background on the purple (might be hard to tell in the photo) I did a little shimmer misting with the hexagon stencil. Just needed a little touch to not be so bland but I didn't want to take away from all the detail on the front portion. For the front part I added embossing paste over top the inked paper, added the sentiment then the ribbon…and today after weeks of just sitting there I decided I didn't hate it anymore!!


I guess it was good I decided to keep this one laying around instead of just tossing it like I do with so many other  cards that I think don't work!!

Hope you all have a great Friday! Thanks for stopping by!
Chera~

Supplies:
Ink: wplus9 sweet nectar, sweet gelato, blooms berry
Paper: white and retired SU (some shade of purple)
Stamps: strictly sentiments 1
accessories: ribbon, hexagon stencil, embossing paste, shimmer mist

5 comments:

  1. Waww, beautiful card!! I have to try the embossing paste!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good lesson not to throw our "flubs" away until after we've put them aside for a bit! Thanks for the reminder, Chera! I can't believe you ever hated this, though. I think the coloring is super and your final design is brilliant!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! Love that you did it throw it away and were able to reuse, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to throw aside my flubs in hope that I can salvage them, and you did a fabulous job with your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous is the word for this awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete