Sunday, February 1, 2015

Coloured vellum



I've been watching all the videos for the Online Card Class Clean and Simple 4 and yesterday I was able to find some time to play. So hard to just pick on technique to try (in a short period of time of course). I decided to go get me some reinkers and try out the colouring on vellum technique!! 

So instead of cutting up card size pieces of vellum I used a whole 81/2x11 sheet and went from there. by doing this I was able to make 5 cards out of the sheet (probably could have made more but I made a goal of 5). 









I just love the look of that vellum! Its so pretty and looks so different on each card I made!!! Hope you are all enjoying the class too! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Chera~

Supplies:
Stamps: BG pinstripes background, keep it simple: sympathy mini
Inks: vera mark, seedless preserves evergreen bough and picked raspberry distress ink refills
Paper: smokey slate, white
Accessories: rubbing alcohol, pierced heart stax, with sympathy, black and white embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I'm curious how you "painted" them. Did you use an aqua painter and mixed alcohol with the reinkers??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added reinkers to rubbing alcohol and just painted it on with a paint brush....they also suggested adding some perfect pearls to make it shimmer. They also showed if you don't have reinkers to smoosh ink onto a craft mat and add the water and shimmer that way, or adding these things to a mini mister. So many ways it can be done!! It was fun. Didn't really like how it looked while I was painting but once I started adding it to cards I fell in love!!!

      Delete